Wednesday, October 26, 2011

egg nog pound cake

I made a delicious baked good today in light of the holiday season.

It's Egg Nog Pound Cake! I feel like it should have been pumpkin considering we haven't even been through Thanksgiving yet, but man I am so glad Silk Egg Nog is out!! This was delicious!
So I got the recipe here. But I altered it to be vegan. Here ya go!



Egg Nog Pound Cake
------------
- One box of pound cake mix that is vegan (I found mine at Walmart)
- 1 tsp creamy peanut butter sitting in a 1/4 cup measuring cup + vanilla almond milk to top off the 1/4 cup. 
- 1 1/4 cup silk egg nog
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg + more for dusting the top before baking
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together your peanut butter/vanilla almond milk mixture in a small bowl.
3. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, including your peanut butter mixture. Mix on lowest setting on your handheld mixer until blended, then up the speed to medium and mix for 1.5 minutes.
4. Pour into greased loaf pan, top with a generous sprinkle of nutmeg, and bake for 60 minutes, or a bit more. You want your toothpick to come out clean from the center of the cake. My loaf pan is from IKEA and doesn't have a measurement on it, but my guess is that it's around 9x3.
Happy Baking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wanted to let you know that the frames can be found at http://cutitoutalready.com/
    Hope that helps!
    Thanks for stopping by and have a nice weekend.
    p.s: I love your baked bread. :)

    ReplyDelete